A blog about quilting, cooking, and life in California's central valley wine country.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Design Wall Monday
Winston Ways, from Adventures with Leaders and Enders, is on my design wall today. I have all the rows assembled, and now I just need to sew them together. I've been piecing on my new (to me) Singer 301. This was my retirement present to myself, and man does this baby go! I love the sound she makes as she zooms effortlessly through seams. Originally a quilting friend who also is retiring from teaching soon and I thought we would buy NEW machines, but once I tried this machine I knew I didn't need to drop thousands of $$$ on a new machine.
Enjoy your Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So good to read that you enjoy your 301. I love mine!
ReplyDeleteAnd Winston Ways looks terrific.
Ah a Bonnie Hunter follower! Great looking quilt and machine!
ReplyDeleteLove Winston Ways. Hope you weren't affected by the earthquake.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! She looks just like my new/old 301! Aren't they great?!?!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt. I have so many Bonnie Hunter quilts on my bucket list, and this is one of them.
ReplyDeleteWe have something in common. I also have a new/old 301. Just got it within the past month, but we're not very well acquainted yet. I'm finishing some WIPs before I pull her out and do some serious piecing. I want to get familiar with her so I can take her confidently to my next quilting weekend with friends.