A blog about quilting, cooking, and life in California's central valley wine country.
Saturday, August 23, 2014
S'Mores Complete
I love, love, love this quilt!! It is a Jo Morton design that was published in the February 2013 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. According to my records, I started it in December of 2012. After piecing the top, I couldn't decide whether to hand or machine quilt it. I decided that hand quilting wouldn't show up, so I would machine quilt straight lines with a walking foot. After quilting about 12 lines across the top, I HATED it.
So... I took out all those wobbly machine stitches and decided to hand quilt. It actually quilted up nicely, but I was right - the quilting isn't very noticeable. That's ok because I love all the different fabrics and the pattern so it takes center stage. Don't you just love how the fabric crinkles up once it is quilted and washed?
Now I can get going on the next quilt - it is already basted and ready to go.
Labels:
hand quilting,
Jo Morton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment