This second quilt, Holy Toledo, is from Bonnie Hunter's book Scraps & Shirttails II. Its made from mostly recycled shirts collected from hubby, son, and the thrift store.
I've been doing a lot of slow stitching as well. I have about 115 of these small baskets appliqued, and I'm working on this embroidery design offered by Jenny of Elefantz .
I'll be linking up to Kathy's Blog for Slow Stitching Sunday, working on these projects, as well as doing a little hand quilting while I watch football.
Hooray for your quilts, they are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching also
Thank you. I think they always look so much better once they've been quilted.
DeleteYour quilts are amazing! Your embroidery project looks fun and happy....oh...and those baskets? I'm in love...one day I'll make some too! How big are yours? So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you. The background square is 6.5 inches. They are really fun to make. I say go for it!
DeleteAll your projects are just lovely. I especially like the little baskets.
ReplyDeleteThank you. The basket pattern is an old one from When the Cold Wind Blows. I've always admired it but didn't think I'd have it in me to hand applique so many little baskets.
ReplyDeleteYour On Ringo Lake is beautiful. I thought my top was finished, but I made a big mistake and will need to spend some quality time with my seam ripper before I can fix it. I really like Holy Toledo, too. I have a fair number of shirts and will have to remember this design.
ReplyDeleteRingo Lake was tricky and it was easy to turn things around. I never tried to sew on this when I was tired!
Delete