Friday, May 13, 2016

Less is More

I added the final rows to Less is More aka Stopped Me in My Tracks.  Kaaren at The Painted Quilt also fell in love instantly with a picture of this quilt, so she drafted it and shared it on her blog.  Aren't quilters the most amazing/sharing people?  I'm so grateful to her because I ADORE this quilt in all its simplicity.
 
 

 
 
 
I plan to hand quilt this to add to it's antique charm.  In the picture posted by Kaaren, it looks like it was quilted with straight lines--more simple elegance.

No boredom using only two fabrics as I had imagined.  This went together quickly and easily because it was only two fabrics and I could strip piece.  I haven't done that in a long time.  Fun and fast!

Thanks again, Kaaren, for generously sharing your pattern.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Barbara! You decided to add the 6th row, I see. I hope I don't regret the decision to stop at five. I'm going to have mine machine quilted in the Baptist fan pattern. My health issues won;t allow me to tackle hand quilting another large quilt. Enjoy it for many years to come and thanks for quilting along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. I look forward to seeing it hand quilted. It really deserves it is is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have that exact same bed. It was my mother's and she bought it at Ethan Allen. The sweet yellow and white quilt looks quite charming. I hope you have an opportunity to quilt it soon.

    ReplyDelete