Monday, August 1, 2016

Where the Heck Have I Been??

No posts since early May.  I tell myself no one really misses them but I know how much I enjoy other people's blogs so I'm determined to keep trying to become regular in this endeavor.  Since May I've been to Quilt Camp in Lake Tahoe, made a trip to Maine, Boston, and Cape Cod in June, visited Lake Tahoe again in July, and did lots of sewing and quilting.  I'll post quilty things from these trips over the next few posts.

Today I finished the latest Westering Women block from Barbara Brackman.  As you can see, I'm digging into my pink and brown stash for this sampler. 

I'm really enjoying the history lessons that accompany these blocks.  Even after teaching the westward migration for many years, I didn't realize how crowded the trails were.  We never stop learning, do we?

I've also been spending as much time as possible with these two darlings.  Here we are at Happy Hollow Park and Zoo in San Jose.



 

1 comment:

  1. Spending time with the young ones is always time well spent.

    ReplyDelete