The second finish is a very old (over 10 years) quilt that was 2/3 quilted. I don't know why I lost interest when I was so close to being finished (does that happen to you?) It was the project I drew from my Jo Morton Yahoo group to finish this month. I used a silk/poly blend batting that was heaven to quilt through. Unfortunately, the pictures don't show that hand quilting very well.
I'm prepping some applique to take on the road and finishing up a mini quilt also. Hopefully I'll have more to show next week.
Love both quilts. I can see the hand stitching on the pink and it is a very lovely job!
ReplyDeleteLove the baptist fans on the pink quilt! Classic! Great job on getting them both done.
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous finishes, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHi Barbara~ your quilts are lovely! Thank you so much for identifying the star block on my blog! :-)
ReplyDelete