When Minnick & Simpson's Midwinter Reds came out, I immediately bought a stack of fat quarters. At first I wanted to make Nantucket, but then I remembered a pattern called Bare Foot in a Rose Garden. This pattern was designed by Elaine Skierka, one of the owners of Quilter's Corner in Sacramento, California. I finished the top today. It was a really fun project to make because there were a variety of blocks to make. It went together easily. I'm not sure yet if I will hand quilt it or have it quilted. It is about 72" by 72", so it isn't too big to hand quilt. I can't imagine an allover design, so if I have it machine quilted, I will have to have it custom quilted. I sure wish my sister, who just got a long arm, would hurry and get awesomely proficient!
This isn't a great picture as the shades of red and cream just blend together. I also think it will look much better when it's quilted because right now those large solid blocks are bothering me.
No comments:
Post a Comment