Monday, August 6, 2018

A Finish!!

I actually finished a quilt including piecing, quilting, binding and EVEN A LABEL!!  Working with the l inch strips was such fun.  I never count pieces in my quilt but this one has 3,879 pieces.  The pattern is called Four by Four by Temecula Quilt Company.  I saw the quilt in person when I was in the shop and fell madly in love with it.  Just my style:  Reproduction fabrics and zillions of tiny, scrappy pieces.




It finishes 50 x 64 and I machine quilted an all over meander to let the piecing take center stage.


Meanwhile I've been working on Summer Circles.  I'm not really sure what color I'll do for the next concentric square, maybe blue.  Any suggestions?






Hand quilting has come to a standstill, as it is too hot to sit with a quilt in my lap.  No problem, I'm never at a loss for a hand project to work on.  We continue to have fire after fire here in our beautiful state.  Fortunately none in our area, but the smoke from all the fires collects in the central valley.  Not good for people with breathing problems. 

10 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love our tiny pieced one.. especially the colors. I have seen it in pinks and chocolates. And your paper piecing is also great.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to get better at photography to show detail better, but that would take time away from quilting.

      Delete
  2. Your finish is absolutely stunning but I'm really taken with your Summer Circles. I was SO TEMPTED to join in on this one. I love the idea of it and I love Temecula Quilt Co. Wish I lived closer to this fun store!

    So question: How big is your Summer Circles at this stage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too late to get in on the fun!! At this stage it is 25-1/2 inches square. I don't plan on making a huge quilt but you never know.

      Delete
  3. This is so amazing!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Summer circles color? I think yellow/gold. Then maybe another blue. JMHO. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold is a wonderful idea. Thank you for the suggestion. I have tons of gold fabric from which to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scrappy quilts! thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four by Four is an amazing quilt! That is just my style too.... billions of tiny pieces is sooo fun! Congratulations on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete