Blockheads Block #22
Continue piecing stars for A Quilt for Alice (goal: 4 per day)
Continue piecing Lady of the Lake blocks
Continue hand quilting my Civil War quilt.
I'm halfway through my chemo and doing well thanks to my friends and family. These two lovely ladies (Alison is left of me, and Krista is on the right) were my grade-level team members when I taught. We were a team for almost 10 years and I love these women like sisters. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, they started sending these stones accompanied by an appropriate quote. I've received one each week since early May. I don't know how they manage it, but each week's quote is perfect for my state of mind. I thought I'd share some of them, as they apply to life in general. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
The three of us on a food tour of North Beach, San Francisco.
I think the blues in the lady o the lake blocks are comforting. And all those bright cheerful golds in the stars are bright and cheery best wishes with your chemo
ReplyDeleteAnn
I love working in blues. There is something calming to me about blue. I hope you don't mind me "following" along. I'll be sending you positive thoughts during your chemo. It sounds like you have some really great friends. That is a beautiful quote. --Andrea
ReplyDelete