I basically used Bonnie Hunter's colors for the mystery except that I used Civil War era reproduction fabrics so the quilt has a more muted look to it. I'm happy with it, even though the pattern isn't as bold as Bonnie's. I sure did get A LOT of practice unsewing on this one. Many ways to screw up!
Here is a close-up so you can see the colors better.
My Garden Party quilt just needed the two final borders to be done. The pattern came from Bonnie Hunter's Addicted to Scraps book. I prepared the back today and will drop it off to the long arm quilter on Thursday.
Here's a close up
Finally, I'm starting to pin-baste my Allietare quilt. My hand quilting buddy, Nancy, and I planned the quilting, and I'm looking forward to getting started . Not bad for a week's work- Oh how I love being retired !
Beautiful quilts! They represent many happy hours spent stitching (and unstitching lol). I don't think we are out of the drought yet but it is sure helping.
ReplyDeleteLove them both but the second is my very favorite. Oh if only I wasn't so picky and wanted to quilt everything myself or I would have more quilts done (ha ha).
ReplyDeletewow you are getting alot done - I too am doing a civil war version - not as far along as you. nice work
ReplyDeleteYour Garden Party quilt looks beautiful. I love those blocks and the colors you used.
ReplyDeleteI love both of your scrappy quilts - great fabric choices :)
ReplyDeleteWow they both look so great! I love your civil war prints in the En Provence!
ReplyDelete