Sunday, December 6, 2015

Austin Bluebird Complete

I just finished my Austin Bluebird quilt.  I think this might possibly be my favorite quilt.  I enjoyed every step of the process.  There is something about a sampler that keeps it from becoming tedious.  I hand quilted it, and it was fun to pick different quilting patterns for the various blocks.  It is hard to tell from the pictures, but hubby was just  a little too short to hold up the quilt.  I needed my 6'4" son for this one!  I don't usually do kits, but I loved this quilt the moment I saw in on the Minnick and Simpson blog.  It was my birthday present last January and I was so motivated I finished it within the year. 


I'm linking to Kathy's Slow Stitching, as there are many hours of slow stitches on this baby.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on an absolutely stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is lightning record time to make a quilt this amazing!
    Congrats on your accomplishment.. it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful quilt, well done on completing it so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt has the wow factor. I can see that one would not get bored. Your choice of colors is striking. Enjoy the quilting process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Austin Bluebird is beautiful. I wanted to make it but just have too much on my table as it is. Hugs

    ReplyDelete