Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two finishes this week!  The first quilt is my version of Lori's (Humble Quilts) Abundance doll quilt.  I've been a fan of Lori's blog for a few years now, but this is the first time I've joined in her SAL.


My next finish is a bargello quilt using Good Vibrations, a music themed line.  This is not my usual style, but I was asked to make it to auction for fundraising purposes.  The proceeds will go to the band program at a local high school.  It was fun to piece, but I did very little machine quilting.  I don't really like to machine quilt because I stink at it.  Fortnately, this quilt is so busy, you can't see my sorry attempt.


Of course, no quilt is complete until Jack, the resident quilt inspector, gives it his approval.  I don't know how he knows, but the minute I finish a quilt, he hops right on to check it out.

I also basted and started hand quilting a pyramid quilt this week.  I'll post pictures later.  Happy Sunday everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment